This is the E-book download version of the hard copy.
The truth is you don't need fancy gizmos to do scientific molding. All you need is a machine where you can read the settings, an accurate weigh scale, and a computer. A universal setup guide only needs a little homework on your part to read each machine's manual and the ability to read the settings. If you'd like, you can pay $1250 to get a Universal Setup Guide and Viscosity Curve calculator. But you would have spent $1220 too much for the same information you can get here. If you had a few days and an engineering textbook you could actually write these yourself! It is not magic.
Qualifications Startups and Tryouts 2nd E-book edition downloads with the book in a Word (.doc) version and files in an Excel (.xls) version.
This book is also available in hard cover with a separate CD.
Spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel .xls files:
- Optimum fill calculation -- the melt viscosity curve
- Gate Freeze off
- Cooling time
- Cavity balance for multi cavity tools
- Cp CpK calculator
- Universal setup sheet includes how to translate from one machine to another and a waterline map.
- Runner size optimization
Microsoft Word .doc Files:
- Mold Check List
- Mold History/Maintenance forms
- The text includes a complete explanation of the experiments to optimize your injection molding cycle.
Other topics include:
- Mold Maintenance -- Inspection and General Maintenance
- Mold hang and Mold Pull procedures
- Mold Storage
- Basic Chemistry
- Quality Control/ Quality Assurance -- Cp and CpK explained and how to use them
- Sizing Sprues, Nozzles and Runners for your mold
- Hard Copy of the Mold Check List, Mold History and a Data Form to fill out for the experiments.
Here's what one company said:
As far as the books go I can sum up my thoughts in one word. WOW! Finally someone who takes a no B.S. approach to molding. A little bit of knowledge can do a lot of people some good.
-- Rick Puglielli, President
Promold Plastics, Cromwell, CT 06416